NOTE: The Vashon Island Farmers Market adheres to strict Washington State COVID rules and procedures. Masks and social distancing is strictly enforced.
It’s great to see the Vashon Island Farmers Market back in downtown Vashon! For years, the Vashon Island Farmers Market has been a local hotspot for visitors and islanders alike.
The Vashon Island Farmers Market is made possible by VIGA, the Vashon Island Growers Association. This group has spearheaded the Farmers Market and focuses on finding unique, high quality Vashon Island producers to sell their goods to the public. Like other farmers markets, the Vashon Island Farmers Market has lots of produce, handcrafted housewares, canned and pickled goods and tons of great art.
This year, the farmers market will be open every Saturday from 10am-2pm. Located right in downtown Vashon, visitors can walk through downtown Vashon after exploring the market, finding even more island delights including multiple restaurants, book stores and other shopping experiences.
If you are coming to Vashon Island for the day, here is how we would suggest hitting the farmers market:
- Head over early. Get an early boat over to Vashon, around 7am
- Swing into one of our coffee shops for a coffee
- Head down to the Point Robinson Lighthouse and look for whales and seals.
- Head back up town and grab a bite to eat at one of our great restaurants
- Hit the market by 10am. Get there early for the best selection.
- Walk through downtown and check out other shops in downtown Vashon.
- Grab lunch
- Head to a Vashon Island winery or cidery to do some tastings
- Head home and dream about coming back
That is a great little Saturday, no?