So the 2021 Vashon Island Strawberry Festival is going to be different then past years and still may be cancelled. So this year organizers are playing it safe, we have listed the event in our event calendar. Assuming that Phase 3 of the pandemic is still in effect, here is what is being planned currently:
- Strawberry Festival parade – My guess is that this will be limited, but kids typically love the parade.
- Unofficial Mayor Race. This is a local island thing. Pretty irrelevant for visitors to the island. A cool fundraiser though.
- Unique Commemorative Posters – Not a huge deal to folks visiting the island and a great way to crowdsource the work of creating posters.
- Music – There will be 1 stage with music in the IGA parking lot. It will be open from 1pm on Saturday until Midnight. If you like to dance, this might be your chance.
- Food – Like I said, as of right now, no vendors. So our on-island restaurants will be here to fill your every culinary need.