Lavender Hill Farm is well known on Vashon Island for our U-Cut lavender field and farm store, open from mid June through early August. The property has 1000 lavender plants and more than 15 varieties, as well as beautiful gardens and stunning views. Come vacation in this tranquil setting in a 1930’s farmhouse, thoughtfully updated and spacious enough for a reunion of friends and family. The long farmhouse porch is the perfect spot for morning coffee overlooking the gardens, fields, Quartermaster Harbor and Mount Rainier. Listen to the bees as you stroll through the fields and stroll two blocks into the town of Burton for supplies and coffee, take a walk in Burton Acres Woods, wander the Outer Quartermaster Harbor beach or rent kayaks or stand up paddle boards at Jensen Point.
The house is light and bright, with nicely appointed guestrooms and three bathrooms for guests. The kitchen works for a crowd, with three ovens, a large center island, 5 burner cook top and large pantry – and there’s a second fridge in the basement. The living room has two seating areas, the dining room table seats 8 and the long porch table seats twelve.
Enjoy the stars at night, and spend your days mountain biking, horseback riding, kayaking or hiking. Read a novel or work on your latest project. The house has a strong wifi signal, as well as Apple TV and Roku with Hulu Live plus a large DVD collection. Visit the Vashon Heritage Museum, the farmers market, take in a film at the Vashon Theatre, a performance at the Vashon Center for the Arts, and check out local bands, restaurants and shops.
- One Sub Zero refrigerator/freezer
- Five burner Thermador range
- Three Ovens
- Second refrigerator/freezer on lower level
- Other kitchen amenities: Jenn-Air dishwasher • Kitchenaid mixer • Cuisinart food processor Utensils • Cookware • Glasses • China • Serving dishes. Linens + Towels
- Seating for 12 on porch and seating for 10 inside
- Lower Level Bedroom – Queen air mattress can be placed where convenient
- Lower Level Office – Foldout sofa can be requested for additional fee
- Two Maine Heritage wooden camp cots with featherbeds can be requested for additional fee