Being the source of information for visiting Vashon Island, we get a TON of questions. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions about visiting Vashon Island. Please check out the information below before contacting us, but always feel free to reach out. I love chatting with folks looking to visit our little island in the middle of Puget Sound.
Vashon is a true island, surrounded by water. No bridges, no tunnels. You can get to Vashon Island via boat, airplane/helicopter, or swimming (not recommended). Most people travel to Vashon via the ferries that depart from three different locations. One from the South end (Tacoma) of the island and the other three from the Northend (West Seattle, Downtown Seattle and Port Orchard) . Here is some more information on getting to Vashon Island.
There are so many reasons why to visit Vashon Island I don’t even know where to start. If I had to prioritize the reasons to visit Vashon Island they would be:
- The beaches (lots of beaches, light houses, whale watching)
- The food (OMG the food. Vashon Island is a foodies dream)
- The land (hiking, exploring, site seeing)
- Birdwatching (Vashon Island is home to hundred of types of birds)
- Hiking (We have a TON of trials for all skill levels)
- Biking (Motor or pedal biking on Vashon is great)
- So many more reasons to list, bu